Craft Beer, Fine Wine, Artisan Spirits, and Mouthgasmic Food.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

GABF 2010 #9 - New Find: Redstone Meadery

A new find for me at the Great American Beer Fest was RedStone Meadery.  Okay, so it isn't traditional beer nor was it an official event, but I like it nonetheless. Prior to this event, I didn't know there were many other meads available besides Chauncer's, nor did I know that they came in other flavors.  With flavors like Black Raspberry, Boysenberry nectar, Shine Nectar, Mountain Honey Wine, Juniper Honey Wine, Plum Honey Wine, and Nectar of Hops, you can really run with the flavors. 
There's even a list of cocktails and food recipes using RedStone Meads.  Needless to say, I'm happy to have found this.  I'm also told that it is available at Spec's and Twin Liquors.  A not-widely know issue, but the owners David and Makado Myers lost their home to the fires in Boulder, CO just before the Great American Beer Festival.  While they appeared to be doing fine, I know they need the support of consumers.  I'm going to pick up a few bottles next time I'm in the store, maybe you can too.  If you like meads, you won't be disappointed. 

Here's David holding some The Lost Abbey Veritas 007 Ale and a bottle of their Black Raspberry Nectar.

Here's David pouring that luscious Veritas 007.

And a sampling of the Redstone Meads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment