I'm not including decorating instructions as you're free to do whatever you like with your cake, and that you can find a simple whipped cream recipe. I happy to like my cake straight up with no icing.
This Angry cake was at Six Ping Bakery in Houston, TX.
Here's the recipe my mom has written down. I'll have the English translation below in case you were wondering.
Here's the ingredients for the Asian cake:
3/4 cup fat free milk
1 1/4 cup cake flour
3/4 cup oil
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon Almond extract (or whatever type of extract you want)
7 egg yolks
2 tablespoon powdered sugar (or you could add more if you like sweeter cakes)
7 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. You'll need to oven ready to go when the cake is ready to bake. You can't let the batter on this one sit around.
2. Combine the milk, egg yolks, oil, and almond extract together in a bowl. Mix vigorously.
3. Sift together the cake flour, salt, and baking powder together.
4. Mix the dry ingredients with the milk, egg, and oil mixture in parts. As in only put 1/3 of the dry ingredients into the bowl and then mix. Then put in the other 1/3 into the bowl and mix. You get the picture.
5. Whip the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Before they form soft peaks, add in the powdered sugar and cream of tarter. 2 tablespoons of sugar for a cake doesn't seem very sweet, and it is not. If you like sweeter cakes, add more sugar.
7. My mom likes to split the batter into two 9 inch round pans. She also uses an angel food cake pan. Whatever you do, DON'T oil the pans. Mom just puts the batter in the pan straight up. And be gentle. Gentle with this batter. It is delicate like a snowflake.
8. Bake for 25 minute at 350 degrees. The cakes should be springy when you remove them from the oven.
9. Allow them to cool. Decorate or just plain like I do.
Meet my mom's mixer. It is about as old as I am.
Here's the two mixtures. The one with the egg yolks is the yellow one.
Egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
And into the pan the batter goes.