Winners so far:
Dog friendly places named were: North by Northwest, Spiderhouse, Cuatro's, Uncle Billy's,Dog and Duck, Gueros, Opal Divine's, Scholz's, Gingerman, Draught House, Black Sheep Lodge, Drungo's Ice House, BB Rover's, Zax's Pints, The Grove, Luster Pearl Bar, Max's Wine Dive, Tiniest Bar in Texas, Waterloo Ice House, Cool River, Crown and Anchor, and Moonshine.
I have 10, yes, 10 tickets to Cocktail Throwdown this year. To win tickets (they will be given away in pairs, 5 pairs total), you must email or @twitter me with the answer to this question. First 5 correct replies via email OR twitter wins! Each winner will need to provide me with his/her full name and full name of guest. My twitter is @misohungry, and my email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you ready? Get set........ Go!
Name five or more official dog friendly brew pubs or bars in Austin. The rules:
1. Five or more Austin proper locations. Don't name a bar in New Jersey that is dog friendly.
2. They must be officially dog friendly (on the Austindogfriendly.com list).
3. Brew pub is a place that brews beer and serves food.
4. A bar is a place that serves alcoholic beverages. The bar may or may not have a limited menu of food.
5. You may also name a restaurant that has an extensive bar or wine menu such as Peche or Fino. Neither are dog friendly, so no freebies here.
Get Started now! I'll edit this post when I get the names of the winners. I will be posting the winners' names here as well.
Previous post on the finalists below:
The finals take place on Sept. 24 from 5:30-7:30 p.m on South Congress (location information will be sent to winners of the tickets). The Cocktail Throwdown is an annual contest to name the official drink of Austin. The winner receives a custom Gibson Guitar with their logo on it, a couple of day passes to the ACL festival, a national news release announcing their victory, and a year of promotion by our media team.
Eleisha Eagle will play a rockin’ set for the night, Frank will be providing the tasty bites, local beer will be provided for those hops and barley lovers, & Tito's will also be hand pouring their signature cocktails. Door Prizes include: an Austin gift basket, a Tito’s gift basket and the big one: two round-trip tickets on JetBlue to any of their destinations that fly nonstop to Austin.
To win tickets, stay posted for the contest. I only have 5 sets of 2 tickets (10 tickets total) to give away. They are sure to go fast!
Here are the cocktail throwdown finalists:
· Mole on the Rocks, by Fino
· The Enlightened Austin Martini, by La Condesa
· The Lady Bird, by Stephen F’s Bar & Terrace
· The Redbud, by Paggi House
· Shirley Bird Tea, by Hyatt Lost Pines Resort & Spa