Headed up by Frank and Lennie, this Pub Crawl is sure to be a blast. Check out the deets here, and keep your eye out for the Man Up Getting Sauced event on March 7th!
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 6pm-10pm, Saint Arnold 1st ever Austin Pub Crawl!!
You asked for it, and here it is! There will be a total of four stops. At the first stop, you will get a punch card. We will be punching cards at all of the stops But, VERY IMPORTANT, we will only be handing out the cards at the first stop, between 6pm and 7pm. Thus, you still need to start between 6 and 7. Then, at 9 pm, everybody will gather at the final stop and that is where we will award prizes. The prize for making all four stops will be our way cool, special pub crawl pint glass. We will have a limited supply. And as always, designated drivers are both eligible for the award and encouraged to attend! So here is the layout:
The FIRST location between 6-7pm, near the intersection of Riverside and Barton Springs. Hint: you can get Pints and Plates there! (if you park here all night, please park in the Hooter's lot across the street-it's OK!)
The SECOND stop will be 7-8pm, just a short hike across the river to Lavaca near 4th.
Hint: not MaryAnn, but Ginger!
The THIRD bar will be 8-9pm, a few steps down 4th street. Hint: It's a 'ghostly' room for sure!
And the FOURTH stop will be 9-10pm, near 6th and Nueces. Hint: It's a 'little' place made of 'wood'
Now, for our annual tips for maximum enjoyment:
1. PRECOATING: Try to eat something before commencing the crawl. Our first stop is good for this!
2. PACING: Too many Saint Arnolds at the first stop is a critical strategic mistake. This is known as "Sprinting Too Early" which is not advisable in this, a distance event. Can have negative repercussions later.
3. MANNERS: Be patient with bar staff. Remember, lots of people will be descending upon a poor crew. They will be working as fast as they can. Also, it is considered very good manners to tip well everywhere you go. This creates good “beerma”.
4. CASH: Bring cash! This pleases the bar staff and the people standing behind you. Cash is fast. Credit cards are slow. They cannot run tabs for all you people.
5. BUDDY SYSTEM: Make sure that you are always in contact with a couple of people you know. One of you is bound to notice that the pack is starting to move on to the next stop. This prevents the disoriented feeling of looking around an empty bar and realizing that the only three people still in there are guzzling some inferior malted beverage and may be related to the missing link.
6. MAKE NEW FRIENDS: As everyone on this crawl will be intelligent and good looking, this is an excellent place to meet new people. Also, you will note that some people become better looking as the crawl wears on. If this occurs, be sure to consult your Buddy System partner.
7. DESIGNATED DRIVER: Yes, we encourage this strongly. You never know when you might decide to run for president. And even the designated drivers on the crawl qualify for the prize. While pregnant wives are perfect for this role, it is known to be poor judgment for a husband to claim that this is the best part of her being pregnant. See "Mood Swings."
8. ENJOY ST. ARNOLD BEERS: It is in poor taste to be seen quaffing anything else. Ever. See "Curse of Saint Arnold."
*For those wanting to stay downtown, we have a block of rooms at Extended Stay, 6th @ Guadalupe, 512-457-0924. It's very close to the last stop.
Hope to see you there!