Craft Beer, Fine Wine, Artisan Spirits, and Mouthgasmic Food.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Austin Monthly's Cake Off

I attended the Austin Monthly Craziest Cake Competition last fall, and I thought I'd share the photos because I love cake.  I could probably put away an entire cake in one sitting.  I also love the photos because even though I love to bake cakes and cupcakes, I can't decorate to save my life.  I can pipe frosting, but I don't do cut out shapes or fondant.  Enjoy!

It's the South Congress Cake. 

Complete with trailer.

Here's a cake showing an Austin icon, Threadgill's. 

Other Austin icons. 

This wasn't my favorite cake in terms of design, but it was by far my favorite cake to eat.  The cake was champagne chiffon with strawberries. 

Awesomely crooked cake.

A pancake cake. That's some awesome balance. 

Fondant Leslie in a red thong. 

Marzipan Bevo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment