Craft Beer, Fine Wine, Artisan Spirits, and Mouthgasmic Food.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Great American Beer Fest #9: Schmaltz Brewery and Rogue Ales

I was waiting on some information before I finished writing up my GABF posts. I have it in my email box, so let's finish up the last of GABF 2009!

Here's some photos from the Schmaltz Brewery and Food pairing. Four delicious beers were paired with some delicious meats. One of the meats was a tongue of sorts, I think. At least that's what I was told. One of the meats was a hot dog - made with Kobe beef. It was the first hot dog I've eaten in over a decade, and I'm glad that it was good. No need to break my hot dog boycott for a mediocre hot dog. It was awesome.


Cooking before the show begins.


And what's beer without a joyful toast?

Here's some photos from the Rogue Ale Chocolate and Beer pairing session.  Chocolate and beer are becoming a popular pairing, and it's easy to see why.  The roasty chocolate beers pair well with sweet chocolate.  I have some plans in mind for a Rogue Ale Chocolate Stout Lava cake served with a creme brandy sauce.  Stay tuned for that.  Following photos by John Knox.


Sebbie explains the beers.

Chocolate and Beer with Sebbie.  There's a reason why I'm so giddy!


Hanging with @TheArtofBeer. 



Chatting with @Homebrewchef

No comments:

Post a Comment